Zoom Theater Auditions for 1 Act Play “Miss Julie”Shiela Antonino
Location: the US, nationwide
Looking for actors of ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS interested in working on an one-act play Miss Julie by August Strindberg. Miss Julie is a beautiful piece which speaks about complicated social concerns with a really unique and attractive tone. This production will be a ‘multimedia online performance’.
This production will be great for student actors looking to fill out portfolio. No prior acting experience required.
Performance/recording date: March26 (Detailed time TBD based on actor availability.)
Streaming date: April 1~5 (On-demand streaming, Pre-recorded performance)
Rehearsal dates: Weekday evenings beginning February 16, with possible weekend rehearsal near the production date. Approximate rehearsal period is 5 week. (Detailed dates TBD based on actor availability).
Miss Julie: Female, Countess (20s preferred, all welcomed)
Jean: a Male Valet (Late 20s~Early 30s preferred, all welcomed)
Kristine: a Female Kitchen Worker (Late 20s~Mid 30s preferred, all welcomed)
=> All casts must speak ENGLISH
If you would like to audition,
1. Please send the following to (email@example.com) no later than (EST) Tuesday, February 9 at midnight:
– Resume (if you have one, no worries if you don’t)
– A list of any conflicts between February 16 – March26 (please also indicate your time zone)
– Video Audition: please send a breif self-tape including a contemporary monologue of three minutes or less. Your monologue does not need to be memorized unless you’re comfortable doing so!
2. Zoom Callbacks will be on Thursday, February 11 from 6:00to 9:00pm. If you are asked to attend callback, you will receive information on how to join and participate in the Zooms.
If you have any questions, please contact Yoonie Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Yoonie Yun has been a theatre practitioner, and most of her background is based on directing, stage management, and lighting design in Seoul and NY. Now she is in the MA degree in theatre & performance at the University at Buffalo. She is also a CEO and resident director of a laboratory theatre troupe Down-In theatre. This production, Miss Julie is her independent practice-based research project, and one of the main missions of it is exploring a multimedia approach in the virtual theatre world. She is highly collaborative and open to share idea with every artists during the production. Any actors who want to work together, please don’t hesitate to contact her!
“We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting for every role. Please submit qualified performers, without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by law unless otherwise specifically indicated.”